Whether you run a global enterprise nonprofit with thousands of employees or a small local community organization run by volunteers we can build a solution that advances your mission.
It’s critical to begin with an Assessment where we’ll help you develop a roadmap tied to a multi-year strategy. With Guidance we can help to keep your team on track to align what’s being built with existing processes. During the Build phase we will apply what we have learned over countless projects to craft a custom technology solution for your organization.
There are two ways to approach technology projects: change your processes to match the platform, or change the platform to match your processes. We help you evaluate which of these approaches is right for you depending on your budget, staff availability, and level of urgency.
Change your processes to fit the platform. We recommend this whenever possible because:
- The platform has been setup in a way that generally promotes industry best practices,
- Your business practices are likely to change,
- These projects are less expensive, and
- You’ll end up with less technical debt.
If you have a few unique business processes, we’ll start on this track and then configure the system a little rather than a lot. This is a generalization, so don’t be offended, but pretty frequently highly specialized business processes started as workarounds and are often at the heart of underperforming systems. Going this route will allow teams the opportunity to address these processes and not embed worst practices into a new system.
Change the platform to fit your processes.
Remember the guy on the matrix who would look at all the vertical lines of green and see buildings and people? That’s the type of developer we use for code-heavy projects. We have strategic partnerships with partners (like Agile Cloud and Dazeworks) for code-heavy projects which require programmatic developer resources. We’ve worked with them for several years and rely on our combined expertise to stick the landing when it comes to code-heavy projects. We recommend this approach for enterprise nonprofits who have high data-processing needs and have an internal team that can maintain the technical debt after the project is complete.
Solutions we can build:
- Nonprofit CRM Platforms Implementations: Salesforce, Blackbaud Microsoft
- Automated Marketing: Pardot, Convio, Mailchimp, Myemma
- Data Management: migration, scrubbing, syncing: Jitterbit, Apsona, Workato
- Online Surveys and Forms: Formstack, Form Assembly, Soapbox
- Online Donations: iDonate, Classy, Soapbox, iATS, Click & Pledge
- Donation processes: major gifts, board contributions, Donor Advised Funds, stock gifts, gifts in kind
- Program Management: mentoring, class registration, impact reporting, program registrations and attendance (Soapbox)
- Other Nonprofit Functionality: volunteer management, grant management, moves management, membership management, auto-acknowledgement and auto-receipting
- Impact Reporting: We are passionate about SDGs and develop the underlying data systems that logical frameworks sit on to measure indicators, outputs, activities and outcomes for impact reporting.
- Veteran Organizations: We’ve worked with several veteran service nonprofits helping organizations specializing in post service career options to personal development programs.
- CDFI/CDE: It can be challenging to find a CRM partner who knows their QLICIs from their QALICBs, but we’ve become experts at Community Development Entities providing Tax Credits through CDFI allocations and can help you with your pipeline, application, servicing, and compliance.
- ISV Products: We’ve provided advisory and development services to several ISV’s building apps to serve nonprofits or understand the nonprofit market.
- NGOC: We assess and migrate nonprofits moving off of RoundCorner’s NGOC.